Wednesday 3 August 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Statium Arcadium

So this weekend I decided to express the freedom my school gives me! I decided I was going to dye my hair Fire Truck Red. I thought it would look awesome. However, after the process was done, the outcome was not as I expected. And even though the hair dresser tried to convince me otherwise it DID NOT end up fire truck red. My hair ended up Hot Pink... However I just took it in my stride and tried my best to give off a very macho "I meant to do that" vibe. But it actually looks really cool. I have dyed my hair pink before, but this is VERY pink. Now I was gonna use my new hair colour as an introduction topic to this weeks recommendation, but my hair is in fact not red. And so now onto this weeks recommendation which actually has nothing to do with what I just said, The Red Hot Chili Peppers- Stadium Arcadium.

I expect that pretty much ALL of my Tens of... Elevens of... actually 7 readers would have heard this album. But to those of you who haven't heard it read on, and to those of you who have heard it, TOUGH! You read on too.

Stadium Arcadium is probably The Red Hot Chili Peppers' [RHCP]  biggest commercial success and I think for once I agree with the mainstream... That sounded very Hipster-Douche-Baggy but it's true, this is my favourite RHCP album and all week it's all I've been able to listen to. Now I know that Stadium Arcadium is a double album but to be honest Disk Two [Mars] isn't nearly as good as Disc One [Jupiter] and also I don't have enough time to mention all 28 songs.

So the album starts out with the really funky (Funky as in the Genre, not the adjective) Dani California. I love the bass-line of this song, and I also love the vocals, however just like with The Clash, I have not yet been able to decipher the lyrics of this song... In fact ANY song on this album. For instance, "Black bandanna, sweet Louisiana. Robbin' on a bank in the state of Indiana. She's a runner, rebel and a stunner. On her merry way sayin; baby whatcha gonna." I'm sorry but I have to ask... What the Fuck! They are very catchy lyrics, but they make no sense! If I had to guess I'd say he used to classic, look around the room and write down everything you see and make it rhyme routine.
Perhaps the Black Bandana he wore the night before was lying on his bedroom floor, and a Bank Robbery was on the news. Throw in a few American States ending in -ana and BAM you got yourself a song that ensures you a happy retirement.
However I really do love this song and maybe if in a Anthony Kiedis mindset the lyrics do make sense, sorta like most modern art!

Track 2, Snow (Hey Oh) is one of my favourite songs on the album, (I really can't choose my favourite.) It's always bugged me how simple RHCP guitar parts are made out to be, (not necessarily saying they are simple) but in this song the guitar really stands out really well. Even if it may seem simple (not saying it is.) And another thing, this song is BRILLIANTLY Produced! Even the little things in the back round that you may not notice unless you're looking for them are brilliantly done and set an amazing atmosphere.

Track 3, Charlie is really up beat, revolving alot around the Bass and very staccato guitar parts, as does Track 5, Hump De Bump which is possibly my favourite song on the album. I love the trumpets, and the bass is CRAZY! Once again, If I could dance, I would to this song. But until I learn how to, I'll just jump up and down to it.

Now Track 4, Stadium Arcadium, is a brilliant song and so not much can be said for it because I don't think words could give it justice. The drums are so amazingly well done, very simple but I love the rolls. I normally don't like guitar parts with too many effects on them, but this song manages to hit that perfect amount and not sound like the Edge from U2 (I'm afraid to announce to all you U2 fans that I won't be reviewing U2, probably ever. 'Cause every song sounds the same anyway.) I also love the backing vocals especially when he says, "Mirror to the Moon." Very simple, but sometime simple is better!

I leave you with this amazing album, hopefully it will keep you all until the 30th when their new album, I'm with You comes out. This album is truly one of the greatest albums of the 2000's and it has something for almost everyone.

Here's a Link to Dani California and Stadium Arcadium on YouTube.

Please Leave a Comment telling me what you think of my blog and of The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'd love to get your feedback, I even love all you trolls.

Please if you like it, Follow my blog, the follow button is in the top right corner. And if you think any of your friends need to find more music, tell them about my blog!
And so I'll give you guys another recommendation next week Wednesday, so until then, Turn Up the Volume and Plug in Your Head.

Xtian Zzyzx


P.S. Just because my hair is pink, does not mean I'm gay.

2 comments:

  1. Fucking good album, I personally prefer By the Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Agree. Either way, they are a brilliant if not revolutionary band.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Ping Tool